Rottweiler Training Tips
Rottweiler training tips are a dime a dozen on the web. This is owing to the fact that this particular breed of dogs is fast becoming popular due to the fact that that they are a loyal and loving breed of dogs and are a relatively easier breed to train than other pedigreed dogs.
Learn easy Rottweiler training tips
The Internet is swarming with Rottweiler training tips that work – and some that don’t. We presume you clicked this page because you want Rottweiler training tips that do work. Great! You have come to the right page. Read further on to see how you can make your Rottweiler happy on your own terms.
Teach your Rottweiler to stay, sit and fetch by saying the words out loud and then doing the act by physically moving them into the position or by guiding them. Once these basics are established, you will need to move on to more serious things. Have a look at these Rottweiler training tips that will help make your training experience easy and enjoyable:
A few Rottweiler training tips
- When you give your Rottweiler puppy his food, practice taking it away from him for a bit and then giving it back to him. This will teach him that you are the one who runs the show so to speak, and of course the Alpha dog!
- When you look your Rottweiler in the eye, make sure it is him and not you who looks away first, as the Alpha dog is the master and your dog needs to know this.
- Make sure you start training your Rottweiler early in his life – by six weeks at the max. The earlier you start teaching him things, the sooner he is bound to learn.
- Teach your Rottweiler the words LEAVE IT or DROP IT. This will teach them to obey your command when you tell them to get rid of anything that they pick up from the road which may be poisonous or belongs to someone else.
- No set of Rottweiler training tips is complete if it does not tell you about the treats that are in order here. (Not all Rottweiler’s are food motivated, know the difference) You are all set to teach your little (not really) bundle of joy the tricks that will make his life easier (and yours of course) but you are not providing him with any temptation to actually master those tricks. Here is what you need to do. Try to figure out what your dog likes the best – what kind of treat – and offer it to him ONLY when he has successfully learned what you were trying to teach him. Never offer your Rottweiler a treat just because you find him cute when he looks at you with those amazingly innocent eyes. Doing so will only make him demand more and do less. You do not want that believe me!
Rottweiler training tips for your success
Rottweiler training tips basically include everything that you would teach any breed of dog. The only difference is that Rottweiler dogs are extremely quick and apt at picking up what is taught to them unlike other pedigreed dogs that may be a bit slow in learning what they are being taught. The trick is to start as early as possible so that you can take advantage of the agility of the canine that is so eminent at the start of their lives and may not remain as they grow up to be fully adult Rottweiler dogs!